November 30, 2009
If you missed parts 1 and 2 read them first….
Here is the one of the biggest reasons why you and your family need to include chiropractic care as a part of your healthy, 100 year lifestyle!
5. An Early Unnecessary Demise: In 1994 Dr. Lee authored a lengthy article that postulates that the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) is involved in all disease processes and explains that causes and cures of all diseases are mediated by our central nervous system. Everyone must be checked on a routine basis for neurological interference caused by subluxations at a lifestyle chiropractic office if they desire to stay healthy. Another study reveals that subluxations negatively effect the visceral (organ) input centers and output centers in your brain stem. This indicates that almost any subluxation at any level may result in almost any kind of health challenge. Finally, the autopsies performed by Dr. Windsor M.D. correlated that nearly 100% of diseases these animals suffered from were related to a curvature in the spine or a spinal problem that damaged the nerve that supplied that specific organ.
Is this different from what you thought chiropractic care was all about??
How can we help you achieve the life you deserve??
November 27, 2009
Each autumn millions of children and adults come down with a cold, the flu or an ear infection. Yet misconceptions often result in inappropriate treatment.
Colds and Flu: Both the common cold and influenza are caused by viruses, so medical treatment is rarely necessary. Influenza is like a cold, but may include fever, body aches, chills and extreme fatigue. Stomach flu which causes vomiting is often a case of mild food poisoning.
According to an article in the February 2003 issue of Pediatrics, colds accounted for 1.6 million emergency room visits and 25 million ambulatory visits in 1998. In response to the widespread misconception that medical intervention is helpful, the American Academy of Pediatrics issued some common sense advice to parents:
- Avoid antibiotics which have no effect on viruses.
- Don’t use over-the-counter cold or cough medications since most will not work.
- Don’t use aspirin if a child has a fever since it can cause a serious reaction called Reye’s syndrome.
Annual flu vaccines are available, but their benefit is extremely questionable. Vaccine experts must decide which flu varieties will be the biggest threats 9-12 months in advance. Since flu viruses mutate constantly, it is nearly impossible to include the right strains in the vaccine.
The Swine Flu is causing recent concern. According to the September 8, 2009 Wall Street Journal, the CDC now advocates “watchful waiting” as an option. “The majority of adolescents and adults and most children won’t need antivirals,” said the CDC’s director of the National Center for Immunization & Respiratory Diseases, Anne Schuchat. Most people just need “mom’s chicken soup, rest and lots of fluids.”
Ear Infections: Typically affecting young children, ear infections may be caused by viruses or bacteria. The Southern California/RAND Evidence-based Practice Center analyzed clinical studies conducted from 1964 through 1998, sponsored by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. It estimates that over 5 million cases of acute otitis media (AOM) occur each year in the US at a cost of approximately $3 billion.
The studies showed that without antibiotics, nearly two-thirds of children recover from pain and fever within 24 hours of diagnosis and over 80% recover fully within seven days. In the May 2004 issue of Pediatrics, the American Academy of Pediatrics issued new guidelines, recommending observation in many cases instead of antibiotics. Several studies have shown that chiropractic care benefits children with recurrent ear infections, such as the one conducted by Drs. Fallon and Edelman and described in the March 1998 edition of Alternative Therapies.
Remedies and Prevention: So what should you do when you come down with a cold, the flu or an ear infection? Get plenty of sleep, drink lots of fluids, and eat healthy food. In addition be sure to get adjusted regularly and especially if you are sick. Your nervous system directly controls your immune system, and spinal subluxations can interfere with the communication between the nervous system and the immune system. Chiropractic care will remove this interference so your body can maximize its immune system response and keep you as healthy as possible.
Thomas Edison said, “The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.” Good advice for us to follow.
November 25, 2009
If you missed part 1- impaired immunity and decreased mental function were the first two devastating global effects of subluxation that we discussed. Incredible as those two effects are, the next three are perhaps even more significant!
3. Altered emotional stability: We usually don’t relate our emotional states to whether we need an adjustment or not, however, our emotions are intimately related to our nervous system function. Studies reveal an amazing connection between altered neurochemistry and emotional states to the subluxation. Many studies reveal that chiropractic care can offer fascinating results for practice members with ADD/ADHD, panic attacks, nightmares, anxiety attacks, irritability and general states of loss of well-being.
4. Damaged Genetic Potential: New research is now indicating that subluxations can alter the genetic expression of your genes. This has devastating consequences to your health and your future as a human being.
Stay tuned for the final global effect of subluxation….you won’t want to miss this one!
November 16, 2009
There is more to subluxations than back pain, neck pain and a pinched nerve. Some of the scariest consequences of subluxations come from the possible global effects on your body. When most patients investigate their subluxations they are often concerned about the potential health problems that may arise in the tissues that the specific nerve supplies at the level of their subluxations.
For example; if they have a T1 subluxation, the nerve at that level supplies the heart and lung tissue. Their concern, and rightly so, is will this subluxation cause heart or lung problems? The research and many case studies indicate that this is a possibility but even more importantly subluxations may cause even more serious global health problems in your body.
1. Impaired Immune Function: Arguably one of the most important keys to a long healthy life is a healthy immune system. Research now reveals that your subluxations may seriously impair the function of your immune system. Dr. Pero’s research indicates that one’s immune system and susceptibility to serious disease are negatively affected by subluxations. Another study reveals that the quantity and quality of your white blood celss are negatively affected by subluxations.
2. Decreased Mental Function: Nobody would want their mind to be clouded and not be able to process information and think clearly. A chiropractic study demonstrated that an individual’s mental efficiency may improve 1500-3000% after a chiropractic adjustment. In another study, researchers discovered that brain stem function improved following a chiropractic adjustment.
Stay tuned for the next 3 global effects coming soon!
November 3, 2009
Many of you have been asking about our dad and his health. A very sincere thanks from both of us for your caring so much about our wellbeing and his.
Our dad has taken incredible care of himself throughout his lifetime. He exercises every day, he is a former marathoner and triathlete, he has been vegetarian more than 15 years, has been under chiropractic care for more than 35 years, and has a loving, healthy relationship.
He did, however, have some major health challenges which resulted in 8 major abdominal surgeries. This last episode of my dad going to the hospital was because his insides were not working properly and he was on death’s door. 7 weeks later and 22 lbs lighter he was finally released and is on his way to “getting back to his life” again.
This is a true testament to the healing power of the body….had he not taken such amazing care of himself throughout the years he would not be with us today. What’s around the corner for you?
He received many healing arts while he was in the hospital in addition to the emergency medical care. He received chiropractic, reflexology, acupuncture, Quantum Touch, Reiki and alot of prayer. Yes, the nurses and doctors knew about it all! They were amazingly supportive and encouraging- my dad told one of the nurses I was a chiropractor and she told me her kids and grandkids all grew up with chiropractic and that I needed to adjust my dad…now! She would “guard” the door while I adjusted him. WOW, that was incredible….
I am constantly and consistently amazed at the Innate Healing Power of the body which all of these healing modalities affect. The POWER that made the body HEALS the body….it happens no other way.
We truly thank all of you for your support, understanding and prayers for our family during this time. Your kind words have meant the world to us and to our family and we are so honored to have you all as part of our lives!