April 30, 2010
We at Rozenhart Family Chiropractic are completely behind Oprah’s “No Phone Zone” in the car and encourage all our clients, followers and fans to make a difference, too. It’s said that texting while driving is equivalent to drunk driving – scary! Here is the pledge:
I pledge to make my car a no phone zone. Beginning right now, I will do my part to help put an end to distracted driving by pledging the safest driving behavior. I commit to (choose one):
- I will not text while I am driving
- I will not text while driving and will use only hands-free calling if I need to speak on the phone while I am driving.
- I will not text or use my phone while I am driving. If I need to use my phone, I will pull over to the side of the road.
I will ask other drivers I know to do their part to end distracted driving. I pledge to make a difference.
Call our office or visit Oprah’s site for more info and to make a pledge.
April 28, 2010
As with everything, not all Doctors are alike. When looking for a Chiropractor, what do you ask? Here are a few of our suggestions for finding a Chiropractor that is a good fit for you:
- Ask friends and family members if they’re happy with their Chiropractor. Ask what they like about him/her?
- Look for offices close to you on the Internet and give them a call. Chiropractors know how important it is to show how caring and competent they are, so a well-trained, friendly person answering their phone is a good indicator of a solid office.
- Check out the Chiropractor’s website to get a feel for the office before your appointment. Does it give you insight about what to expect?
After making an appointment with a Chiropractor, here are a few questions to ask yourself during the session:
- Do they use any technology to assess you?
- Do they use X-rays to get a look inside?
- Does the Doctor perform an evaluation before any care is rendered?
- Does the Chiropractor tell you what’s wrong, how they can help and what a care plan is before care is rendered?
- When you meet with the Doctor, are you listened to? Do you feel cared about?
Many people are concerned about finances when they call offices and call around to price compare or to see who will be covered by their insurance. A word of caution: the old saying, “you get what you pay for” is also true in health care. We’ve found that doctors who don’t participate in insurance plans are able to give you the care you truly need without being severely limited by insurance regulators.
To find out if we can help you and how we can be your chiropractor please call 408-979-9999 and ask a few questions!
April 22, 2010
Accidents happen and they can really be a pain, both physically and mentally. Here are some ways to prevent the sting before one happens to you!
1. Have Medical Payments on your auto policy. Adding the Medical Payments clause on your policy is very affordable and will cover your bills regardless of who is at fault.
2. Get checked out immediately! Even minor fender benders (speeds of 5 m.p.h. or less!) can cause injuries. The faster you get checked out by a chiropractor, the sooner you will be able to get back to your life! If insurance is covering your care, they look at how long it took you to seek out help as an indicator of how injured you are.
3. Have a journal to write any changes in your body and mental state. Mental changes like fogginess, memory challenges, and mood changes can all be signs of a head trauma. It’s important to document this as it is happening so you can have an accurate picture.
4. Develop a relationship with a mechanic/auto body shop that you trust so you can sleep easily and not worry. We have used Sturken Auto Body and Repair in the past and endorse their work. They have proven to be reliable, and easy to work with!
April 20, 2010
Those of you following us on Twitter and Facebook have probably noticed our Stress Less Tips over the past few weeks. You can read all about Stress Less America in our April 7 post, but here’s a quick recap:
Stress levels are at an all time high. With the lingering downturn in the economy, stress is challenging our resiliency and impacting our quality of life like never before. Stress Less America was created to give you access to free stress relieving information, products and services to help you positively deal with stress.
Here are 10 easy de-stressing tips that can go a long way:
- Go for a walk or head to the gym.
- Drink plenty of water and eat small, nutritious snacks.
- Be grateful. Thank someone instead of getting annoyed.
- Become a child again: draw, paint, dance, read or pull out the Play-Doh.
- Go outside. Even 5 minutes of fresh air can help.
- Avoid stimulants and sugar.
- Reward yourself. A relaxing bath or 30 min with a good book can do wonders.
- Breathe slowly and deeply.
- Get more sleep.
Visit www.stresslessamerica.com for even more de-stressing ideas.
April 19, 2010
Last week we posted the first 6 ways in which the FDA condemns itself , here are the next 6 conclusions that they drew from the study on themselves!
7. “The FDA science agenda lacks a coherent structure and vision, as well as effective coordination and prioritization.”
8. “The FDA has substantial recruitment and retention challenges.”
9. “The FDA has an inadequate and ineffective program for scientist performance.”
10. “The FDA has not taken sufficient advantage of external and internal collaborations.”
11. “The FDA lacks the information science capability and information infrastructure to fulfill its regulatory mandate.”
12. “The FDA cannot provide the information infrastructure support to regulate products based on new science.”
The FDA is a 102 year old agency and these problems did not occur overnight. As its responsibilities grew, the FDA’s infrastructure deteriorated. As a consumer, before you ever take another drug, you must seriously consider that the drug you are taking may cause you serious harm. Every drug, even if it’s necessary to save a life, has harmful side effects.
Think about the drug ads that you see on TV, hear on the radio or read in magazines. Close your eyes and listen to the severity and extent of the side effects that are being announced while the happy smiling people dance around in a beautiful green field. If you want to stay healthy over the course of your entire lifetime, you must become conscious of this drug reality and consider lifestyle changes along with holistic health care, such as chiropractic, as your primary option.
Another serious concern about drug testing is the fact that it only takes 8 years for a drug to be approved by the FDA. The side effects and the testing are not designed for long term usage. For example, if you start taking a drug for a health problem at 40 and it was only tested for 8 years, this will take you to age 48. If you continue for another 10, 20, or 40 years, you could be setting yourself up for severe consequences and side effects which may include heart attacks, strokes, kidney failure and dementia.
So many health problems can be solved by changing your lifestyle and seeking chiropractic care. Even more importantly, so many health problems can be prevented. Make Lifestyle Care your top priority and turn your medicine chest into a bathroom cabinet. You’ll love the extra space and the new level of health you experience.
April 15, 2010
The answer may surprise you! The training and education undertaken by chiropractors is identical to that of medical doctors with the exception of pharmacology and surgery classes.
In California, prior to entering chiropractic college, the aspiring doctor embarks on 4 years of pre-med undergraduate studies. Once completed, the student must finish an additional 4 years of studies at a chiropractic college. This includes extensive training in anatomy, physiology, pathology, neurology, radiology, differential diagnosis, chiropractic adjusting techniques, biomechanics, and other health-related studies.
In addition, prior to graduation, each student must successfully complete several hundred clinical hours of “real” patient management under professional supervision.
Lastly, near graduation, the new doctors of chiropractic must successfully complete rigorous National and State Board examinations prior to obtaining a license to practice. Once licensed, most states require that chiropractors receive annual continuing education to ensure that a high level of competency is maintained.
We take great pride in the high level of care we are able to provide to our patients at Rozenhart Chiropractic. Next time you’re in their office and see our chiropractic licenses and certificates on the wall, you’ll know how hard we worked over 8+ years in order to provide you with the best possible care!
April 14, 2010
Before you take another pill for stress relief or anything else, you must read the 60 page report published by the FDA entitled FDA Science and Mission at Risk. In this report the FDA, the Food and Drug Administration, declares itself unable to fulfill its mission. Here is a summary of the first 6 of a 12 point self audit that, in their own words says, “The nation is at risk…”. The following are exact quotes from the report:
- “The FDA cannot fulfill its mission because its scientific base has eroded and its scientific organizational structure is weak”
- “The FD cannot fulfill its mission because its scientific workforce does not have sufficient capacity and capability”
- “The FDA cannot fulfill its mission because its information technology (IT) infrastructure is inadequate”
- “The FDA does not have the capability to ensure the safety of food for the nation”
- “The development of medical products based on ‘new science’ cannot be adequately regulated by the FDA”
- “There is insufficient capacity in modeling, risk assessment, and analysis.”
Nervous yet? Think you are protected if it’s “FDA approved”? Stay tuned for the next 6 conclusions later this week!
April 13, 2010
Subluxation is specifically what chiropractors are highly trained to treat. It simply means that there’s a misalignment of the spinal bones, and that results in your nerves getting choked or irritated. When nerves are unbalanced, your body can malfunction.
How do you know if you have a misalignment of your spine? It can be impossible to detect on your own. Like the early stages of tooth decay, heart disease, or cancer, subluxations can be present before warning signs appear.
Unfortunately, you can’t tell if you have a subluxation by how you feel – you need to get checked regularly by a chiropractor. Even we have our own spines looked at on a regular basis!
What causes subluxation? Misalignment of the spinal bones can actually happen at birth when your head and neck are strained and twisted. As you grow and age, other factors that can cause subluxation include poor sleeping habits, bad posture, strenuous exercise, sports injuries, stress, tension & anxiety, chemical exposure (i.e. drugs and medications), injuries at work, automobile accidents, and stumbles and falls.
Wondering if your spine is misaligned? Call us for an appointment today!
April 12, 2010
I saw a new practice member today who was very disappointed in her previous chiropractor and decided to go somewhere else. What I loved about this story is that she didn’t go away thinking “I am NEVER doing that again!” – she just sought out a different practitioner! I have heard every horror story about our profession, and there are “bad apples” in every profession. Lawyers have it about as rough as we do in terms of what people say when we’re not around…(smile). Of course millions of people say GREAT things about chiropractic care too!! My suggestion is that even if you had a negative experience with one doctor, that may not be reason to extend your opinion to the entire profession….just a thought.
If you have eaten at a bad restaurant, you likely never returned to that same place right? Did you ever go out to eat again? Of course you did, just to a different restaurant!
Thoughts? We love your comments!
April 9, 2010
It’s hard to find someone that doesn’t know what a chiropractor does, but as we all come from different backgrounds and experiences, I thought it would be fun to take a step back and define chiropractic care.
If you pulled out a dictionary and looked up the word “chiropractic,” you’d find something along the lines of:
A therapeutic system based primarily upon the interactions of the spine and nervous system, the method of treatment usually being to adjust the segments of the spinal column.
When it comes down to it, that is what chiropractic care focuses on – interactions and adjustments of the spine and nervous system. It doesn’t end there, though. In our experience, chiropractic adjustments are only a piece of relieving pain and increasing quality of life. What you eat and how you use your body play an important role, too.
The whole body approach we take to chiropractic care incorporates regular adjustments, solid nutrition and consistent exercise. We’ve found that many patients come in for a specific problem (such as back pain, neck pain or headaches) and stay for additional care after experiencing the positive side effects: better energy, elimination, digestion and sleep, in addition to more energy overall.
Chiropractic care is an important element for everyone to maintain a healthy quality of life. We’ve seen it help adults, children – even infants – first-hand, and benefits are becoming more and more commonplace. Here are just a few articles that stress the importance of chiropractic care: