January 26, 2012
Did you know that headaches are one of the top three reasons people seek chiropractic care? According to the American Chiropractic Association, nine out of 10 Americans experience headaches, and anyone who has suffered through chronic headaches can tell you that there’s no such thing as “just” a headache. Headaches can severely impact quality of life, limiting your enjoyment of daily activities and sapping your energy. Painkillers – both prescription and over-the-counter – have unwanted side effects, so patients are often faced with a choice of dealing with the pain or dealing with a drug-induced fog. Drugs can also lead to “rebound” headaches.
Chiropractic care is a natural remedy to help you deal with the root causes of headaches. Many headaches are caused by muscle tension, joint irritation and vascular constriction – all conditions that can be managed by your chiropractor.
Here are a few tips to help you avoid triggering a headache:
- Get up from the computer to stretch every hour, if not more frequently. Sitting in a fixed position stresses your body.
- Make exercise a daily habit to help relieve stress that may contribute to tension headaches.
- See your chiropractor to alleviate subluxation.
- Steer clear of known headache triggers like bright light, strong fragrances and red wine, if you know that they affect you.
- Stay hydrated! Drink at least eight glasses of water each day; more if you are exercising or consume caffeinated beverages or alcohol.
Don’t suffer – let us help! To learn more about how we can help free you from headaches, all Kristina at 408-979-9999.
January 18, 2012
There’s no better way to get a clean start to the New Year than with a gentle 10-day detox. We had tremendous success with this program in November, and we’re gearing up to do it again! You’ll cleanse your body, remove toxins and engage in better eating habits, while shedding extra pounds. This is a healthy, fully supported program that includes:
- A guided meal plan for 10 days, plus dietary suggestions for post-detox meals.
- A complete shopping list.
- Metagenics Ultra Clear Medical Food.
- Metagenics Adva Clear Capsules.
- Group meetings in advance to get all your questions answered.
- Group support and communication throughout the 10-Day Detox.
The next 10-Day Detox session starts on February 3, 2012. The total cost is $195 which includes all supplements and materials. You must attend a pre-detox meeting at Rozenhart Family Chiropractic prior to participation in the program. You do not have to be a practice member to join us, so feel free to invite your family and friends!
We look forward to helping you take this step toward success! Call Kristina at 408-979-9999 to register.
January 12, 2012
For many of us, winter means it’s time to pull out the skis and dust off the ice skates. But if we’re not careful, snow sports can often lead to injuries – whether a nagging pulled muscle or a serious tear. I have been a skier myself for three decades and have never had a serious sports injury. Follow a few of my tips for injury prevention and to stay in top form all winter long.
- Stay well hydrated. Dehydration can happen quickly, and we’re often less aware of it during the winter than we are during the summer.
- Wear a helmet. Protecting your head is essential in case of a fall.
- Know when you are tired and don’t push yourself for that last run of the day! Many accidents happen when we’re too tired to maintain control.
- Stay fit year-round. A strong, healthy body will serve you well on the slopes. Cycling is a great low-impact way to cross-train in warmer weather.
- See your chiropractor. Getting adjusted helps your body behave in a more coordinated and balanced way. Fewer falls= less injury.
- Avoid alcohol at lunch! Many people look forward to a quick beer in the ski lodge at lunchtime, but alcohol can contribute to dehydration and lead to accidents on the slopes. Save it for the end of the day instead.
- Take a lesson to improve your skills. It’s never a bad idea to sign up for a lesson to improve your confidence and control. If you are skiing – or skating or snowboarding – using poor form, you could be setting yourself up for injuries down the road.
To find out how Rozenhart Family Chiropractic can help you stay strong and healthy in 2012, call Kristina at 408-979-9999.
January 5, 2012
The start of a new year is a chance to create a fresh start – to reinvent your life. This year we are asking all of our practice members to do a thorough assessment of their lifestyles in order to identify areas where they are lacking in self-care and health care.
We’ll be asking you to identify things that drain and enhance your energy, formulate goals and assess your physical strength and stability. Here are some of the questions we’ll be asking you to ask yourself:
Do I get a good night’s sleep every night and wake up energized?
Am I aware of the diseases in my family history?
Am I motivated by quality-of-life goals rather than crisis management?
Am I able to separate work time from play time?
Do I eat healthy foods and supplement my diet?
This detailed assessment (available for you to pick up in our office) will help you take inventory of the positive – and not-so-positive – lifestyle choices you make every single day. Then we can work together to create a plan to help you reach your lifestyle goals.
To find out how Rozenhart Family Chiropractic can help you be your best self in 2012, call Kristina at 408-979-9999.