February 13, 2013
In our last post, we discussed the Valentine’s Day holiday and how it fills our grocery stores isles with overwhelming amounts of chocolate boxes, conversation hearts and all that comes with this sugar spun holiday. We also determined that Valentine’s Day does not need to be a day for glutinous and chemically filled indulgences. Last week, we introduced 3 options for those hoping to give a gift more heartfelt and healthy than prepackaged chocolates that come with the 20 pound teddy bear in aisle 3. Valentine’s Day is indeed tomorrow but there is no need to stress, we have three more healthy and easy gift ideas that your sweetheart is sure to love.
4. His & hers massages: Massages are a romantic way of relaxing on this holiday. Manly places will offer couple’s massage sessions for a very affordable price and the experience will benefit both you and your partner. The hustle and bustle of everyday life can be stressful and you may not get to see as much of each other as you would like. Massage will allow you both to come together in a healthy, balanced and serene environment to relax and spend some time together away from the busy world outside.
5. Personalized fitness gear: Nothing says healthy like some fitness equipment, right? If your partner has a love for a particular sport or activity, consider getting them a custom piece of equipment in their favorite color or even a matching set so you can perform the activity together. Duel activity will encourage a healthy couple’s lifestyle while also showing your partner that you are aware of their interests and want to take part in what they like to do. For example, if you know that your partner loves to take kettlebell classes, consider purchasing a pass to their class and surprise them with a new kettlebell in their favorite color. The possibilities are endless.
6. Homemade healthy snack packs: We all enjoy the sweetness that comes with the Valentine’s Day holiday but as we are searching for healthy options, it is time to say goodbye to the artificial whatchamacallits and welcome in some healthy and homemade tastiness. Consider purchasing a heart shaped box from your local baking section or craft store and then fill it at home with treats. If you have a dehydrator, you could dry some of your favorite fruits and mix with dark chocolate, raw nuts or homemade Greek yogurt chips. Get creative and be mindful of what your partner will love. After the treats are all packaged up and ready to eat, take a blanket out to your favorite park (weather permitting) and enjoy the snack together.
How will you be spending your Valentine’s Day? Do you have healthy ideas of you own? We would love to hear them next time you come to visit. Here at Rozenhart Family Chiropractic, we value the health of you and your loved ones at every holiday and all year around. Be sure to come and see us soon!
Photo Credit: Moonlightbulb
May 1, 2012
Join us for 2 great events this month!
May 18th, 7-9pm : 2nd Annual What Women Really Want
- Join us for Food, Wine and Fun
- Bone Density Testing with Five Star One Site Testing- RESERVATIONS are necessary, $20 fee for this service
- Make-up demos by Ancient Stones Nurturing Naturals
- Massage with Roman Paradigm Massage Therapy
- Color Consultations with Pat Gray in Color
- Body Fat Testing With Becky Williamson from Lifesport Fitness
- Spinal Screenings with Drs. Rozenhart
- Tastings from The Savory Kitchen
- Red Carpet photos by Diana Nicole Photography and more!!
May 30th, 7 pm: Women’s Wellness Workshop
- Find out the most up to date research on women’s health.
- Learn how to improve your longevity
- Learn natural ways to avoid hip fractures and osteoporosis, and
- All natural anti-aging remedies to use in your daily routine.
- Our gift at this information session will be techniques to help you look and feel younger!
- RSVP required and a light dinner will be served!
February 1, 2012
100 Healthy Years Workshop, March 6th 6:00pm
- Do you even WANT to live that long?
- What if you didn’t have a choice?
- How are your choices TODAY impacting the quality of your life in the future?
- What different choices would you make if you knew…
Join us to learn how you can live your best years going forward….
because you are older every day!
A light dinner will be served,bring a guest (or two…after all who doesn’t need this information??) and you will receive a one hour massage certificate!
Reservations needed-Sign up early to make sure you don’t miss out!
Call Kristina for your reservation at 408-979-9999 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
November 10, 2011
It’s the time of year when viruses are making the rounds through offices and schools, but coming down with the cold that’s going around isn’t inevitable! Making healthy choices a habit leads to a strong immune system that can fight off even the nastiest germs. Why suffer and resort to treating symptoms with medication when you can stay healthy the first place? Here are a few tips to help you feel your best this winter – and all year round!
- Schedule regular adjustments. Regular chiropractic care contributes to your overall wellness and removes spinal interference that can impair your immune response.
- Eat well. You know it’s important to include whole grains and a variety of fruits and vegetables in your diet, and that’s especially true during cold and flu season. Look for citrus fruits loaded with vitamin C, and keep eating your greens!
- Avoid stress. Easier said than done, right? But stress is known to weaken immunity, so do what you can to eliminate unnecessary stressors from your life.
- Get adequate rest. Sleep is essential to your body’s well-being, especially when you are trying to stay healthy. Make a habit of going to bed and waking at the same time each day.
- Exercise daily. Go outside and get some fresh air if possible. Research consistently shows that moderate exercise boosts immunity, so be sure to get out for a brisk walk or a bike ride regularly.
- Get a massage. Even just a single massage session has been found to boost immunity, so imagine how healthy you would be if you incorporated massage into your regular healthcare routine!
Take care of yourself this winter so you’re not dragged down by lingering colds and viruses. Schedule an appointment at Rozenhart Family Chiropractic today by calling Kristina at 408-979-9999 or schedule online now!
November 3, 2011
Rozenhart Family Chiropractic welcomes Dionne Wilson, Certified Massage Therapist and Reiki Practitioner to our family! Dionne graduated with honors from National Holistic Institute’s massage therapy program and is a second degree Reiki practitioner. She brings a passion for helping people get their lives back by using a variety of gentle techniques customized to each individual’s needs. Dionne employs traditional myofascial and trigger point therapies and Swedish techniques as well as weaving in positional release, acupressure, energy healing (Reiki) and reflexology.
We are excited to be able to offer massage therapy to our clients, as it is beneficial for a broad spectrum of physical and emotional ailments and an important facet of holistic care. And while a massage can be deeply soothing, the benefits go beyond relaxation. Research shows that in addition to relieving tension and anxiety, massage can:
- Reduce heart rate and lower blood pressure
- Improve circulation
- Improve range of motion and stimulate muscles
- Increase endorphins
- Relieve tension and migraine headaches
- Speed healing
- Ease chronic pain
- Strengthen the immune system
Find out for yourself how adding massage therapy to your care can improve your overall well-being. Schedule an appointment with Dionne today by calling Kristina at 408-979-9999 or schedule online now!