Finally – Headache Free!
January 26, 2012
Did you know that headaches are one of the top three reasons people seek chiropractic care? According to the American Chiropractic Association, nine out of 10 Americans experience headaches, and anyone who has suffered through chronic headaches can tell you that there’s no such thing as “just” a headache. Headaches can severely impact quality of life, limiting your enjoyment of daily activities and sapping your energy. Painkillers – both prescription and over-the-counter – have unwanted side effects, so patients are often faced with a choice of dealing with the pain or dealing with a drug-induced fog. Drugs can also lead to “rebound” headaches.
Chiropractic care is a natural remedy to help you deal with the root causes of headaches. Many headaches are caused by muscle tension, joint irritation and vascular constriction – all conditions that can be managed by your chiropractor.
Here are a few tips to help you avoid triggering a headache:
- Get up from the computer to stretch every hour, if not more frequently. Sitting in a fixed position stresses your body.
- Make exercise a daily habit to help relieve stress that may contribute to tension headaches.
- See your chiropractor to alleviate subluxation.
- Steer clear of known headache triggers like bright light, strong fragrances and red wine, if you know that they affect you.
- Stay hydrated! Drink at least eight glasses of water each day; more if you are exercising or consume caffeinated beverages or alcohol.
Don’t suffer – let us help! To learn more about how we can help free you from headaches, all Kristina at 408-979-9999.