Because of the HUGE diabetes risk when it comes to consuming sugar, many people have opted for artificial sweeteners instead. While this might seem like a potential option, there is much research showing otherwise. Top Gilbert chiropractor provides the statistics.
Splenda® (aka: Sucralose) is the derived from chemically altering sugar with chlorine. Potential adverse reactions and side effects of Splenda® include the following:
Research in animals has shown that sucralose can cause many problems in rats, mice, and rabbits, such as:
- Shrunken thymus glands (up to 40% shrinkage)
- Enlarged liver and kidneys.
- Atrophy of lymph follicles in the spleen and thymus
- Increased weight
- Reduced growth rate
- Decreased red blood cell count
- Hyperplasia of the pelvis
- Extension of the pregnancy period
- Aborted pregnancy
- Decreased fetal body weights and placental weights
Things to think about before jumping on the band-wagon with this new ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER:
- Pre-approval test indicated potential toxicity of sucralose.
- There are no *independent* controlled human studies on sucralose (similar to 15 years ago for aspartame).
- There are no long-term (12-24 months) human studies of sucralose’s effects.
- There is no monitoring of health effects. It took government agencies in Gilbert decades to agree that there were countless thousands of deaths from tobacco. Why? Simply because there had been no monitoring or epidemiological studies. Without such monitoring and studies, huge effects can easily go unnoticed.
Stevia is the best and most convenient choice when it comes to a sweetener that will not have an insulin response. Liquid stevia can easily be used in many drinks and baked goods. The bottom line is that our palates must be trained to not crave sugar constantly. We can help you navigate all these choices you have with nutrition, just ask!”
Call Rozenhart Family Chiropractic in Gilbert today to schedule an appointment!